Sunday, February 12, 2012

Outer Space Party



My little guy Blake just turned 5 and we celebrated his birthday with an outer space theme this year. I incorporated grey, orange, lime green and blue as the primary colors for the dessert table I designed for the party. Lot's of easy details you can do yourself very easily.


I designed the invitation above. Custom printables for this collection are available at my Etsy Shop.
The cake was inspired by the invitation. You can easily create this cake using cookie cutters and colored fondant to create the shapes.
 
 You can emboss the age on fondant using a rubber letter stamp that you can purchase at your local craft store.
 
I found green and orange sixlets at Party City.
The Booster Fuel capsules are mini push pop containers from Shop Sweet Lulu and I just filled them  with M&Ms. The filler in the jar are silver jaw breakers from Bulk Candy Store.

The Planet Pops are red velvet cake pops dipped in orange candy melts. You can find Bakerella's recipe here.
The space shuttle, astronaut and planet stick candies are from Oriental Trading. I also purchased the favors there including outer space sticker set, note pads, pencils and foamy stickers. The candy are placed in plastic cylinder cups filled with silver jaw breakers.
I created custom candy bar wrappers which would work great around granola bars or any cereal bar treat instead of candy.

Sugar rocket cookies embossed with a "5" and "B" coordinate with the party invitation. 
The cupcake toppers each had a sticky silver 3D dot I purchased at AC Moore.
I also found the tissue paper decorations at Party City. They were very inexpensive and looked great.
 
I'm always looking for ways to fill larger jars with inexpensive filler. I used Trix cereal for my Space Rocks.
Customized Hershey Kisses.
A plain goodie bag with a custom touch.

Marshmallow pops.
I made the Meteoroids by placing a candy melt on a small round pretzel and topping it with a silver sixlet candy. Just put the candy melt on the pretzel and place it in the over for couple of minutes...let it melt a bit them place the sixlet on top after you take it out of the oven. These can be flying saucers or spaceships too.
Moon Rocks are Cookie Crisp cereal. You can fill a large container for just a few dollars.
Chocolate dipped pretzel sticks with orange sprinkles.
Mini water bottles with a custom alien wrapper. Straw from Shop Sweet Lulu.



You can purchase the printables at my Etsy shop.

Credits:
Dessert Table Styling, Cake and Cupcakes, Printables 
 by The Couture Cakery

Mini Push Pop Containers and straws:
Shop Sweet Lulu

Tissue paper fans, Sixlet candy:
Party City

Linen:
Essential Party Rentals

Photos:
Jasmine Clouser - The Couture Cakery

No comments:

Post a Comment